Monday, May 18, 2009

Future Forecast

So as I sit here on the throne I'm think about a lot of things. My career for one and where it's headed. The world of architecture is starting to get smaller and smaller. With the economy being the way it is it makes our world as architects vulnerable in many ways. No one is spending money to renovate and/or build new buildings really. Banks are so extra cautious that they aren't lending money so what is a young promising designer to do? Should I stay and withstand the tide? Or should I branch out for a bit and dabble into different areas? I know I can do clothing and photography but I’m not sure that's the route I want to go. Although I love both I feel that if I choose either as a career I might fall out of love with them. Maybe a good ole friend chat with my other designer friends is needed to sort things out since we all are feeling it. I also was thinking about going back to school to do my Masters in Architecture one day, not too sure if I can get into the studying frame of mind again though. I do know that there are decisions to be made in my future so be on the lookout.

No comments: